This high quality Australian produced resource has been launched in New Zealand and Thinking Matters is proud to partner with the producers – Olive Tree Media – to promote it throughout the country.
This ten-episode DVD series follows Australian pastor and host, Karl Faase as he travels the world and interviews over 30 leading authors and speakers about the top “belief blockers” of our time. It is designed for both a wide audience and church groups, intending to attract both Christian and non-Christian viewers equally.
Contributors include John Lennox, Os Guinness, Richard Swinburne, Michael Ramsden, Amy Orr-Ewing and John Dickson – along with many others.
The ten half-hour episodes include the following topics:
- Suffering: Presents both an intellectual and personal response to the issues posed by the existence of suffering.
- The Bible: Looks at whether what the Bible contains is historically accurate and can be trusted.
- Supernatural: Explores belief in the supernatural and looks at a specific case where it seems that supernatural intervention is undeniable.
- Religious Violence: Explores whether Christianity, as a religious worldview, causes wars, atrocities and genocides. How does the Church respond to this charge?
- Exclusive Faith: Christianity’s claim that Jesus is the only way to God is viewed as arrogant, intolerant and a significant blocker to personal belief. In this episode, guests give plausible reasons for the Christian worldview.
- Church Abuse: Abuse scandals, particularly in relation to children, have rocked the Church, leaving it open to the charge of hypocrisy.
- Science & God: Eminent and experienced scientists explain how and why they can have scientific credentials from the world’s leading universities, as well as having a Christian faith.
- Homosexuality: In this episode we look at the Biblical view on homosexuality and what is the Christian response in the current social environment.
- The Church: There is a public perception that the Christian Church is dying. We talk with leaders who are seeing the Church grow and they give their perspective on the future of the Church.
- Towards Belief: In the end, there is still a step of faith to be taken. This episode looks back over the personal stories of some of the guests and seeks to clarify that choice.
For a more in-depth outline of each episode, drill down on each from this page.
Thinking Matters Involvement
This series will become a long term strategic resource for Thinking Matters as we seek to equip the New Zealand Church with accessible and high quality training to help us make a sincere and clear defence for the Christian worldview.
We envision the resource being used in several ways:
Community Outreach Events
We would like to see churches promoting screenings of the series throughout their communities – to see people becoming more open to the Gospel through them.
Do you want to run an event at your church for your community? Talk to us for help and advice with promotion.
Home Groups / Small Groups
We would like to see Church leadership and discipleship programs promote this resource within churches for use in home-groups and small-group discipleship.
Do you have a home-group who might be interested in viewing this? Talk to us for advice.
Curriculum Development & Christian Schools
We would like to see individual episodes being used as components in wider curriculum and training programs in apologetics and worldview subjects at theological colleges and Christian schools.
Are you associated with training, a tertiary institute or a Christian school? Review individual episodes here for suitability of use within your curriculum.
You can purchase the full set for $59.95 (free freight) from Life Resources in Christchurch, or rent or buy for download individual episodes directly from the Towards Belief website here.
The full DVD set also comes with an 80-page Discussion Guide – and key quotes for each episode can also be downloaded from here.