Carey College is running this a 15 week long course hosted by Mark Powell
Apologetics: Gain confidence in what you believe and why you believe it
Christianity is seen by many today as weird and incomprehensible – but is that true? The human condition, human experience, basic intuitions, history, science and reason all point to the truth of Christianity. Join Mark Powell as he helps equip students with a holistic contemporary apologetic which shows why we have good reason to believe what we say we believe.
• Reality and knowledge: What is real and how do we know it?
• Post-Christian World: Modernism and Post-modernism
• Creation, cause & design and evolution
• Immaterial realities and how we know them
• Moral/ethical knowledge and obligation
• The reliability and trustworthiness of scripture
• The case for the resurrection
• The problem of evil
• Controversial historical claims & contemporary issues
Be equipped to have better conversations, ask better questions and to share answers with gentleness and respect.
MARK POWELL – Lecturer
Mark is a Professional Company Director and “CEO in Resident” at Massey Business School and was the CEO of the Warehouse Group. A Carey graduate, Mark completed a Bachelor of Applied Theology and Diploma in Pastoral Leadership and is now a visiting Lecturer and member of the Carey Board. He has recently completed a Masters in Christian Apologetics from Biola University, California and has a passion for wanting to help Christians have a confident faith, where they know not just what they believe, but why they believe it.
WHEN: Tuesday nights from 18th July to 25 October
COST: $740 (for credit – as part of further study)
OR: $300 (for audit – you don’t need to do the assignments, but you earn no credits) – Administration fees additional