Available for talks, discussion, and debates on the reasonableness of Christian faith, in relation to science and general evidence.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Evolutionary microbial genomics at Technical University of Munich.
Will Science Bury Atheism?
Arguing that the principles and findings of science support theism over atheism.
God, gods, or Nothing?
Examining the evidence for a single personal God in comparison to polytheism, deism, and atheism.
Why do Many Scientists Believe in God?
Presenting the personal stories of some leading scientists, and reasons why they believe in God.
Evolution and God
Explaining why biological evolution does not provide strong evidence for atheism.
Presented for groups in NZ including churches, Tertiary Students Christian Fellowship (IFES) campus groups, Christian highschools, ‘Thinking Matters’ apologetics conferences and small groups, and ‘Skeptics in the Pub’. Previous formal debates with sceptics are online.
- BA|BSc conjoint, Economics, Philosophy & Biology – University of Auckland (UoA)
- PGDipSci endorsed with Merit, in Biological Sciences, UoA
- PhD, Biological Sciences – theory and analysis in experimental evolution
- Previously Tutor for biology, critical thinking, and metaethics courses at UoA.
- Board member of New Zealand Christians in Science