Trevor earned his Master of Divinity under Dr Norman Geisler with an emphasis in classical Christian apologetics and understanding world religions at the Southern Evangelical Seminary in the United States.
He is involved in Christian education around New Zealand including teaching apologetics courses and world religions at many organisations, colleges, churches, camps, and home groups. Trevor teaches high school Physics and Science in Auckland and has a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) from Auckland University. He attends Greenlane Presbyterian Church in Auckland.
Trevor has an unique ability to communicate complex concepts making them easy to understand. Combining his enthusiasm and humor with a sprinkle of “absent minded professor”, Trevor keeps his audience engrossed with effortless learning.
He is available for speaking engagements of any length both within New Zealand and internationally.
Course: The Logic behind the Love
Are you able to answer the common objections to Christianity? Are you ready to confront any nagging doubts you harbour? When witnessing can you quickly discern the world view of the person you are speaking with? Do you know how to best answer them? In this modern world Christians need to be able to give a clear reason for their faith.
The Logic Behind The Love is an introduction to Christian Apologetics. After the course you will have a broad understanding of all areas of apologetics. You will know where to go for further study and you will be a much stronger Christian.
Some of the subjects we cover include:
- Why ideas have consequences?
- What is apologetics?
- Why do apologetics?
- What is truth?
- Does God exist?
- What about evolution?
- What about cults?
- What about other religions?
- If God exists, why evil?
- Are miracles possible?
- Can we trust the New Testament?
- Is Jesus God?
- Did Jesus rise from the dead?
- Is the Bible the Word of God?
Testimonies and Comments
- I’ve learnt so many things I never fully understood and it has helped my my faith grow Immeasurably. (Michelle)
- This is a wonderful course, I would recommend this to anyone. (Grant)
- I found this course really helpful in learning to defend my faith. (Kimberley)
- Fantastic to help you reason with people you rub shoulders with everyday. (Trevor)
- I used what I learnt on the first night, the next day at work. (Roy)
- Marvelous!! Recommend it to anyone who wants a better understanding of Christianity, or wants to know what to say when someone asks you “who is God”. (Dave)
- Have enjoyed the relaxed laid back learning. Have learnt and all ready stared using stuff learnt; in work environment. (Shona)
- A great learning experience. Really opens your eyes to the Logic behind Christianity. (Michael)
Dr Matthew Flannagan
Dr Matthew Flannagan is a theologian with proficiency in contemporary analytic philosophy. He holds a PhD in Theology from the University of Otago, a Masters (with First Class Honours) and a Bachelors in Philosophy from the University of Waikato and a post-graduate diploma in secondary teaching from Bethlehem Tertiary Institute.
Matthew blogs on MandM – a Kiwi blog that addresses philosophy of religion, ethics, theology and social commentary.
Divine Command Meta-Ethics, Applied Ethics, Bio-Ethics, Old Testament Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Law, Critical Thinking and Apologetics
Copyright 2018 | Thinking Matters New Zealand Foundation
Thinking Matters is a ministry that encourages New Zealand Christians to think more deeply about what they believe and why they believe it, so they can present the Christian faith as both rational and true.
PO Box 16399, Bethlehem,
Tauranga 3147, Tauranga