Here are the videos from the main sessions on day two of the conference (Chris Gatihi at Pilgrim in Conflict has helpfully posted notes on each of the sessions as well).
Session 4: Thabiti Anyabwile — ‘Fine-Sounding Arguments’ — How Wrongly ‘Engaging the Culture’ Adjusts the Gospel
- Paul’s Purpose (1:24 – 2:5)
- Paul’s Philosophy (2:6-2:15)
- Paul’s Practices (2:16-2:23)
- Paul’s Perspective (3:1-4)
Session 5: John MacArthur — The Theology of Sleep! (Mark 4)
How do we approach evangelism?:
- Obedience (Mark 4:21-22)
- Diligently (Mark 4:23-25)
- Confidence (Mark 4:30-32)
Session 6: John Piper — Did Jesus Preach the Gospel of Evangelicalism?
Video to come.
Full manuscript available on the Desiring God website here.
Luke 18: 9-14
– Did Paul Get Jesus Right?
– Aspects of the Pharisee’s Righteousness in Luke 18: 9-14
- A Gift from God
– Only One Thing Missing:
– Jesus: God’s Righteous One
Implication 1: Jesus’ Gospel Is Also Paul’s
Implication 2: Nothing We Do Is Basis for God’s Acceptance
Implication 3: Our Standing with God Is Based on Jesus, Not Us
Implication 4: Transformation Is the Fruit, Not Root, of Justification
Implication 5: All Our Goodness Is Evidence and Confirmation, Not Grounds
Implication 6: The Gospel Is for Every Person and Every People
Implication 7: Jesus Gets the Full Glory